Thursday, July 29, 2010

McCalls Dress 5621

Pattern Description:
Dresses A, B are slim-fitting with gathered front and contrast neck bands; dress B has three-quarter length sleeves with gathered self-ruffle; dress C is slim-fitting, has neck band and short bell sleeves with elastic casing; dresses A, B and C lengths are 5" above mid-knee.

Pattern Sizing:
10-12-14-16-18. I cut the size 12

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked that it was easy and fast. I did have a little trouble with the neckband "fitting" into the dress, but I figured it out.

Fabric Used:
Pink linen and black/white/pink cotton for neckband

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None- I did make it big, because it was originally supposed to be a maternity dress for me last summer. I finished everything but the hem, and then forgot about it until this summer. I hemmed it and wore it with a belt!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I definitely am going to sew it again and I would recommend it to others. I want to make the view C dress next.

Conclusion:
I have gotten tons of compliments on this dress. It's perfect for summer!


No comments: