Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Simplicity 2506: Dinosaur Costume

Pattern Description:
Toddlers' animal costumes, including toddler mouse costume, devil, dragon, angel, bear sewing patterns

Pattern Sizing:
A- there was only one size. I made the dinosaur costume.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked how easy it was and how quickly I was able to make it. This was my first time sewing with a nap (corduroy), but that was really easy as well.

Fabric Used:
Green corduroy and orange broadcloth

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I pretty much followed the pattern, but I did not use the foot part. I knew my son would be walking around out side in the costume, and I wanted him to wear sneakers.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely! Everyone thought it was a store-bought Halloween costume!

Conclusion:
My mother always made my Halloween costumes, and I want to follow that tradition. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to finish it in time, but once I cut the pattern out, the rest was really simple.

3 comments:

Dominick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dominick said...

Oh wow, it's a great content about the dinosaur. After seeing your blog my kids are saying that they love dinosaur. And now they want real dinosaur at their home but how can I understand them that dinosaur's existence has already finished almost many years ago. That's why I buy realistic dinosaur suits to make fun with them. And now they are so happy because their daddy becomes a dinosaur.

Erin said...

So glad to see this! Just started sewing this for my son and it’s my first time sewing, and for the same reason. I’ve been second guessing myself and started panic-googling. It turned out so cute in your picture that I’m going to keep going!