Tuesday, June 18, 2013

McCalls 6083

Pattern Description:
Misses' Jumpsuit In 3 Lengths and Sash

Pattern Sizing:
I made a size 14 in view D (the shorts with the cross top).  I must have bought this pattern when I was feeling a little fat, lol.  I usually sew a size 10 or 12, so I increased the seam allowance on the sides a little.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This is a fun outfit, and I liked how it came out.  Sewing the top to the bottom was a challenge for me, but I could have done a better job with pins and basting.  Contrary to other reviews I’ve read about this pattern, I thought the directions were pretty easy - which is crazy coming from me, who has to read pattern directions 100 times!  Also, it’s really easy for me to get in and out of.

Fabric Used:
A lightweight turquoise knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I shortened the crotch about an inch, and increased the side seam allowances.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Definitely! I might make the pants version and may even make one for my cousin.  I feel like I can wear this as a casual outfit to the beach or something, or dress it up with a belt, jewelry, heels and a blazer. 

Conclusion:
I’ve wanted a cute romper like this for a while, but I didn’t know if it would be flattering, so I didn’t want to make the investment.  I’m pretty happy with how it came out.  I do see some flaws, but I know how to fix them next time.


No comments: